FIXED PRICE PROCUREMENT
Energy procurement is complex, and different to every other commodity that you will purchase for your organisation. Therefore, it is important to ensure you are working with a trusted and reputable energy partner, to deliver this for you. WME will manage your energy procurement in a transparent, risk managed way, with an aim of delivering consistently competitive energy prices, year after year.
Fixed price procurement is a means of purchasing all of your energy requirements for a set period of time, in one go.
WME will go to the market with your portfolio and get the best price from a number of suppliers on that particular day. The price provided by suppliers will be reflective of wholesale market prices on the day we go to tender. They may also include a risk premium.
This strategy offers complete budget certainty and suits customers where their priority is budget certainty, rather than longer term risk management.
Key benefits of fixed price procurement:
- Budget certainty as you lock your price for a set period of time
- Choice of contract length (Generally between 1- 3 years)
- Price protection against potential rising market prices
- WME’s framework contains 7, pre-approved energy suppliers ensuring competition
- Simple to understand and make comparisons
Our fixed price gas and electricity framework has been tendered in line with Public Contract Regulations (2015) therefore provides full compliance.